Monday, September 22, 2008

Ella Sets Sail

Released in May of 2008, Ella Sets Sail is the fourth and final installment in the Ella The Elephant series that Carmela and I created for Arthur A. Levine Books. Here are a few of my favorite illustrations from it...




In this scene, good ol' Belinda is causing trouble for Ella once again. This time she's borrowed Ella's lucky hat, only to lose it to a strong gust of wind. Run, Ella, run!





Ella, Frankie, Tiki and Lola amuse themselves in the House of Mirrors.






Ella runs into a cranky Mr. Pelican. She really must have bananas between her ears!





That hat sure looks familiar!



1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Mr. D'amico, I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am going to school to become a teacher. I am currently taking a class called EDM310, for the class I had to do a book trailer. I love "Ella sets sail" and think it is so cute. I chose to use "Ella" for my book trailer. Here is the link to my blog and the video can also be found on youtube!Katelyn Callahan Class Blog
I would love to possibly interview you on your work via Skype! Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks Katelyn Callahan